Kathleen Laura Hefferon
January, 2010, 224 pages, Hardcover
Price: $115.95 (Shipping and handling: $8.00 for U.S. delivery, $20.00 elsewhere).
Biopharmaceuticals in Plants provides a comprehensive survey of all major aspects of the development and production of plant-made biopharmaceuticals. Accompanied by an exhaustive list of references to facilitate further study, this critical volume:
* Describes the theory and practice of modern plant transformation techniques with respect to nuclear and plastic genomes
* Outlines the steps involved in the generation of transgenic plants
* Discusses the engineering of plant virus expression vectors for transient expression of vaccine proteins and other therapeutics in plant tissue
* Addresses the significant role of glycosylation in the production of plant-made mammalian proteins
* Investigates the basis of mucosal immunity using plant-based oral vaccines
* Examines the scale-up of plant-derived vaccine and therapeutic proteins in entire crops or in large batch cell suspension cultures
* Explores the development of clinical trials utilizing plant-derived biopharmaceutical proteins
* Evaluates risks and biosafety concerns regarding plant-derived pharmaceuticals
The book concludes with a discussion of the future of plant-based vaccines and other therapeutic proteins with respect to commercial viability and as a tool to improve global public health.
Visa, Mastercard or American Express Card is now accepted
To Order Books
Return to Main Page
Agritech Publications/Agricell Report
P.O. Box 255
Shrub Oak, NY 10588, U.S.A.
Phone/Fax: (914) 528-3469